Beach Cleanup in Clear Valley
The St. Vincent and the Grenadines Conservation Fund (SVGCF), under its Volunteer Program, conducted a beach cleanup in Clare Valley on December 4th, 2021.
The purpose of the clean-up was to improve the coastal ecosystem by removing trash and toxic materials that can harm marine life. The clean-up inspired and encourage members of the Clare Valley community, who came out in support of the initiative. The SVGCF volunteers also used the opportunity to educate and raise awareness of the importance of a clean and healthy environment.
The clean-up removed an excessive amount of plastic from the beach along with other litter and garbage. Through the CWSA, a skip container was provided on-site to collect and remove all the garbage.
The SVGCF would like to say thank you to the Volunteers and members of the Clare Valley community and surrounding areas for making this clean-up a success. We would also like to thank our donors who contributed to making this event a successful one:
• Tus-t Water Start Bright – A Tus-t Water School Breakfast Initiative
• The Cell St. Vincent
• One St. Vincent Group Inc. (OSV)
• National Parks Rivers and Beaches Authority (NPRBA)
• The National Lotteries Authority of St. Vincent & The Grenadines (NLA)
• St. Vincent Brewery Limited
• Central Water and Sewerage Authority (CWSA / SWMU)
We look forward to continued support as we carry on the work of the SVGCF.